Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Movie Review: The Sorcerer's Aprentice

Well, whilst I try to gather photos and movie clips from my awesome girls camp experiences, I must catch up on all my movie reviews! I'm way behind and summer is almost over!


I saw this movie the day after I saw Inception, and so to be honest, I feel like I need to see it again to truly appreciate it and not have it be so overshadowed.

Cast: I like Nic Cage though I know a lot of people don't. I don't necessarily think he's a great actor, I just like him. He did well in this movie. I liked his look. ESPECIALLY his trench coat. Jay Baruchel was pretty well cast as the apprentice. He's perfect for the super nerd you love to love. Alfred Molina is great as always. I especially liked the character Drake Stone, though I don't know who the actor is. He delivered some funny lines. All in all, not the BEST acting ever, but definitely not bad.

Story: The story wasn't anything new and was full of cliches, but I really enjoyed it. It's simple, easy to follow and fun. There were a few scenes that were super super cheesy, but they didn't ruin the movie. You can probably tell I feel pretty "meh" about the whole thing, but it really was actually pretty good. I really need to see it again when it goes to the dollar theater. I think I could have enjoyed it more if my brain hadn't still been hung up on Inception.

Best Scene: The Fantasia scene. I thought it was pretty classy and well done.

Total score (which is subject to change!): 6.8 out of 10

0 comments: