Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Movie Review: Salt


I didn't really want to see this movie, but Leslee dragged me to girls night and this is the movie that was picked. I was pleasantly surprised.

Cast: The acting was really good in this movie. Angelina Jolie may be kinda weird (I'm not judging here) but no one can ever say the woman can't act. Liev Schreiber is always wonderful as well. Those are the two main characters that this film revolves around. The supporting actors were all well and good and so on.

Story: Honestly, I had this whole movie figured out down to the last second after the first half hour. That wasn't a bad thing though, as I still enjoyed watching it play out. There were a few scenes that were a bit too much for me, like when Salt stabs this guy with a broken wine bottle like a billion times and I think in the neck (it doesn't SHOW it). It made me a little sick. I don't do well with that sort of stuff. Even if it's not shown in a graphic way, they still add really gross sound effects. I really can't handle it when the scenes involve stabbings. Like, the movie The Village. Remember that one scene when Adrian Brody's character stabs Joaquin Phoenix's character like six times and the camera is just straight up showing it. I almost walked out of that movie because I had to throw up because of it. But I digress. There are not many scenes that are super violent. There are a lot of chase scenes and some scenes where they punch the crap out of each other, but they're nothing any other action movie doesn't have.

Random Thing I liked: Angelina Jolie's makeup. If I were a multi-millionaire I'd hire her makeup artist on a daily basis.

Total score: 6.5 out of 10. (I would have given it a 7 if it weren't for the fact I had the movie figured out. AND if it weren't for that icky stabbing scene.)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm... so... what's the movie actually about? I haven't even seen previews for it, so I have no idea. :)