Sunday, August 29, 2010

What have I gotten myself into?

So today was a VERY interesting day at work. First, let's talk about me for a bit. As most of you know, I'm a bit of a ......what word should we use....softy? Wuss? "Field Mouse" as it was recently put. The point is, my whole life I've chosen to avoid contentious people and situations and I've done a pretty darn good job. So, whenever these people or situations DO come about, I get super freaked out and nervous and my brain turns into jelly and I just want to run away and hide in a corner.

Well, as you may have read in my post not to long ago, I got a job at a treatment center. I was expecting contention, but just because you expect something doesn't mean you are automatically prepared for it. To make a long story short, a girl at worked flipped out today and I was the staff in charge of her. She took a picture off the wall and slammed it to the ground and then took a flower pot and smashed that too. I. Was. Petrified. One part of my brain was saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." The other part was saying, "Holy mother of all things, what the heck to I DO!!", and another, "*GASP* She's going to murder me! I honestly might die, right now, by her hand." and probably the biggest part of my reaction was a half open mouth and a deer in the headlights look, with both hands in midair and a slightly hunched posture.

By the way, did I mention I worked 16 hours? And other things happened that were terrible and unfair and made me think many times throughout the day, "I can't do this. I just can't do this job. It's not who I am."

But I'm feeling better now that I'm home. I love my home. I could stay in my corner bedroom under my peace sign sheets forever. Anyway, I won't give up on the job just yet. That would be absolutely stupid. I CAN do it, it'll just take lots of blood, and tears, and heart attacks and practice. I hope.

Peace out for now. :)

PS- BIG congrats to Modern Family for winning the Emmy for Best Comedy Series!! I love that show! Wahoooooo!

1 comments:

Vanae said...

Oh my, Dusty! You are funny! I sure love you, and I hope that this job doesn't scare you away TOO soon, because I love working with you!