Sunday, October 24, 2010

Paper Quilling

For last month's craft, the Crafty McCrafters created paper quilled letters. Lu got the idea from this tutorial. Also, check out her pictures and tutorial here. She has a link to the free hand designs as well, which is what I modeled my first design after.

This is what I did first. I free handed it and I think it turned out pretty well. I haven't framed this one yet, and I don't know if I will. I think I can do another one a lot better....we'll see.






This is my second project. I didn't want to do a letter and I have a thing for peace signs. I traced the outline of the peace sign from clip art. I framed this in a shadow box and it looks incredible! I have it displayed in my room.







This is the latest of my paper quilling adventures. I'm pretty excited about it. I came up with the design myself. It's actually something I draw in my notebooks all the time. I'm really pleased with this one. I'm not sure where I'm gonna hang it yet.







Well, that's all. Peace out.

9 comments:

Katherine Anne Loveless said...

What the?! This is the coolest thing ever!! You're AMAZING!!!!

Leslee said...

The tree is pretty amazing but the peace sign still takes the 1st place awesome prize!

Vanae said...

Okay, that is freaking awesome. I never thought that crafts could be so cool. Really. I don't like doing crafts. But now I am sad that I don't have one hanging in my house. So sad.

Custom Quilling Supplies said...

Fantastic job!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, you rock. The tree looks even more amazing in the frame!

Ann Martin said...

Just great and so original!

Lipo said...

Just beautiful :)

Shaina said...

So I want to have you make me one of those. . . . how much $ would that take?

Lenoria said...

Your quilling is amazing! My granddaughter would love your peace sign.