Saturday, September 5, 2009

Update

Well, things are good. August was a good month. Nothing too exciting happened, at least not that I can remember at this particular time. I helped Mark and Lu move down from Logan. They live in Springville now, which is awesome. Les and I went over there last Saturday and just chilled. It was good times. I'm glad that they're here. I like chillin with the fam.
A few weeks ago I took pictures for an awesome family I know. Sam had just turned 1 and Megan wanted to get some photos snapped. I took some of cute ones of David too. Here are just a few of my favorites.









I started school last week. So far so good. I think I'll really enjoy my classes this semester. My favorite so far is my Old Testament institute class. My teacher is pretty much the best ever. I've been really lucky when it comes to Seminary and Institute teachers. Anyway, the class is awesome. We've only had two lessons, and I've been blown by both. It's a great way to start off the school day.
I am also taking an English 2010 class. My teacher is very much an.....what's the word...intellectual? Maybe that's the word I want to use. I'm not sure. He's super passionate about writing and reading which is awesome, though sometimes a single sentence from him can make me go: "Wha?" And then I feel stupid. But that's nothing new.
Last and I wish least, I'm enrolled in Math 1010. Let's just pray I can make it through. My Professor is definitely cool, and I've actually made friends in the class (Is that the sound of the end of the world I hear?). But math is like death. Inevitable, but not fun.
Leslee's sure had a good month. A while ago she was at work and her back started to hurt. Pretty soon she was walking all distorted. She was like a walking right angle. So over the the hospital she went and had an MRI. What a surprise! She's got degenerative disc disease, inherited lovingly from Mom. :) I think all the kids got it. I was diagnosed when I was like 15. But unfortunately for Les, one of her herniated discs flared up. I've never had that pleasure, but sure am looking forward to it.
So yesterday she had spinal injections. Yikes! I just about pass out at the thought! Mark and I went with my mom once when she was getting injections. The needles they use are insane! But Leslee said it wasn't as bad as she thought. Hopefully it'll help her for a few months at least.
The best part about this past week was I was able to watch Athena! She's just as cute as ever. This time around she wasn't as easy to tend. She didn't like my Mom for some reason and would cry her eyes out every time I left the room. (This filled me with secret joy in knowing that she liked me more than everyone else.) Yesterday, while Les and the parental units were at the hospital, I watched her all by myself. Yep, we could do OK, she and I. I pretty much adore her, and clearly she thinks I'm awesome. It was sad to see her leave again, but I'm just grateful I got to say goodbye this time.
Now it's time to rest my poor body which is sore from carrying her all over the place. Here's to all the mom's who have to do it everyday!! You guys are great.
Also, another cool thing, I'm finally done with Primary! I will be released tomorrow. What's my new calling you ask? I'm the new Beehives advisor! Wahoo! This should be an interesting experience. I've never taught older kids before. They'll probably end up teaching me a few things. :)
That's all that's going on with me. Thanks for stopping by. Peace!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey...who is Athena??